Thread: Deer Decoys?

Threaded View

Mrbb, That sounds like a lot of bad luck and I respect your opinion. Tell me, I there much hunting in the areas you hunt? also are you decoying in open areas? from what I have read they need to be placed in open areas so deer can see them 100yds or better away. I have also read that they will scare does and it is best to use them in areas where does are not out numbering bucks by too much. I am hunting on 20 acres and 10acres is hay. the deer are in the field at night but otherwise the area is no good to hunt. I am planning on setting up in a corner with a decoy 20-30 yds in the field and see how deer react to it. The hay field is surrounded by woods on three sides and a tree lined fence that deer use for cover when crossing the field. Any way I agree with you that the on line videos are hard to believe, especially when bucks are mounting decoys... My deer aren't that dumb. I guess if I try this and it does work, it may only work for one or two hunts per season... the rest of the year it will be a lawn ordament.

After reading your post, I wonder if the 12pointer would have come out at all without the decoy. Again I respect your opinion. and thank you for shareing. It's like you say "another trick"
    nothing is a sure bet... I know
    Last edited by ed1315; 12-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information